Cooking etc

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Sweet Corn Chicken Soup


Hello Audience!

My blogs are going to be about my cooking experiments in Seattle. I am an amateur cook. My focus is:1. Should be low cal 2. Should be tasty 3. I shouldn't have to order pizza too often.

I like trying various cuisines and cooking almost every dish I know in rotation. I feel if your body is deficient of a certain food group, your stomach will crave some food that has it and you gotta think of a quick recipe around it.

Once again:

food group deficiency (example: iron)-> stomach craves food that has it (example spinach) -> think of a recipe (example spinach soup/ salad etc)

cool

Today I had a cold so I made this.

I don't measure ingredients. Just use my own estimation. Its better to develop that skill. Why? Let me give you an example: You have a recipe that needs a pound of chicken. You go to the store and your options are: 9.5 pounds and 1.15 pounds. You spend the rest of the afternoon playing with numbers of your supercool infallible recipe. *dislike or waste the remaining chicken or save it in the fridge (worst of the three)

So I'll just give you a rough idea about measurements.

Lets start:

On bowl of sweet corn chicken soup. See picture.

1. Take a small utensil and pour a bowl of water in it.
2. Add 2 chicken party wings, salt and pepper
3. Boil till you cook the chicken thoroughly. It takes me 20 minutes.
4. Add corn flour. I added approx 4 tbsp but more would have been better
5. Beat an egg loosely with a spoon.
6. Add slowly while stirring around with a fork
7. Add whole kernel sweet corn. Rinse first.
8. Add some soy sauce.

Tada you are done!

8 Comments:

  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Nirmal said…

    Please cook something vegetarian :P

     
  • At 11:00 PM, Blogger nivi said…

    I second Nirmal :P

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger littlelooney said…

    Replace Chicken with mushroom or gobi. Duh!

     
  • At 2:11 AM, Blogger Unknown said…

    you are always thinking of food...

     
  • At 5:51 AM, Blogger missmarple82 said…

    sahi jaa riye ho bhia...:)Daal Maakhni aur Uttapam ki recipe ho jaaye...

     
  • At 9:04 AM, Blogger littlelooney said…

    @Atif

    This time it's about cooking!

    @Tai

    Photu ke saath. For sure!

     
  • At 5:56 PM, Blogger Chatter Box said…

    Lovely! I love sweet corn chicken soup...and if that's what your blog is going to be about..(fast n good food that is..) am gonna be a loyal follower :)

     
  • At 6:39 PM, Blogger littlelooney said…

    Cool thanks!

    I'll keep it short and simple :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home