Cooking etc

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Dry Spicy Okra

I had eaten so much steak, I felt bad for the animals. Thought I should eat some veggies. And I noticed some okra at Pike's place so why not?



1. Wash all the okra and cut the ends off. We don't need them.
2. Chop all the okra length-wise as shown in the picture. I kinda like this picture. Good shot. Pat on the back :) This is like 1-2 lbs.
3. Now heat some oil in a non-stick deep pan.
4. Add some cumin and black mustard. Wait for these to crack...bla bla blah
5. Add okra, salt and turmeric.
6. Now stir and cook on medium flame till it's not slimy any more. When it's completely cooked, it gets kinda mushy and the color dulls out.
7. Once it's done, add plenty of cumin-coriander powder and red chilly powder. Add a pinch of compounded asafoetida. And you're done :)

Serve with white rice/ whole wheat tortilla

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home